The idea of a cheap facial is one that will usually conjure up images of getting pampered in a spa by someone who knows how to do it right. The reality, though, is that you can get a professional facial without shelling out the cash for one.
Don’t pay for expensive facials if you’re broke
If you’re on a budget, try your local health store. While they don’t have the same selection as some of the more luxury salons, their facials are still top-notch and their prices are much lower than what you’d find at most spas.
Another option is to go with a less expensive therapist. Ask to see pictures of their work before committing to anything.
Use credit card rewards points
If you use credit cards, don’t forget that those reward points can be put to good use. Credit card companies often offer deals where you can redeem your reward points for a variety of services—including facials!
When you visit the website of your credit card provider, search for “facial” or “spa.” You’ll likely get a list of options (some may say “beauty” instead), which could include discounts at spas and salons in your area. If not, try another search term like “cheap spa day.”
Check back regularly as these offers change often! And make sure to use them before they expire!
Sometimes the ‘basic’ facial is the best facial
As a general rule, you can’t go wrong with a basic facial. This type of treatment is often the most thorough and can be combined with other treatments. Like microdermabrasion or microcurrent to give your skin even more benefits. Basic facials are also usually the cheapest, so it doesn’t hurt to try one if you’re on a budget!
If you’re new to facials but still want some pampering, ask for an introductory treatment before committing yourself to pay for an entire session.
If you want a ‘deluxe’ facial, use your birthday coupon
If you’re celebrating your birthday or a special event, make sure to bring your birthday coupon! The deluxe facial is usually only available for those who have coupons. Birthday coupons are good for one year from the date of purchase. If you live in a big family with lots of people getting facials at the same time (say 2 sisters). Just remember that each person needs their own coupon so they can get their own treatment.
Don’t forget to check Groupon for Cheap facial
- Don’t forget to check Groupon. You can get a great deal on a facial here, and it’s fun to try new spas and salons.
- Look for Groupon deals for luxury facials as well as basic facials. I like this one from the Institute of Cosmetology because it includes microdermabrasion, which makes your skin feel amazing. And who doesn’t want that?
Google the spa or salon first, before you book.
If you’re not sure where to go for your facial, a quick Google search can help narrow down your options. Google “facial,” and then try adding the name of a city or state to see if there are any spas or salons in your area that specialize in them. You’ll also want to check reviews on sites like Facebook. This will let you know whether other customers enjoyed their facials there, as well as what they cost, what kind of atmosphere they offer, and so forth.
Take good care of your skin at home
- Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser.
- Exfoliate once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells, which can clog pores and cause acne.
- Use sunscreen every day, even if you’re staying inside. Most sun damage happens when you don’t think it’s sunny outside, so slather on some SPF 30 before heading out for errands or lunch with friends.
- Drink lots of water! Dehydration makes your skin look dull and sallow. It can make your makeup slide off more easily (not good for anyone!). Aim for at least eight glasses per day—more if it’s hot out—and carry around a bottle during the day for easy access. If you’re feeling fancy, add lemon juice or other fruit juices to liven up the flavor (and help keep those hydration levels high).
- Get plenty of sleep! Sleep deprivation has been proven time and again as one of the main causes behind aging faces—not only does lack of sleep result in bags under our eyes (which no amount of concealer will be able to cover), but also leads us down an ugly path towards wrinkles and fine lines
Just because you can’t afford a fancy facial doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy one!
Even though you’re looking for ways to save money, you don’t want to skimp on quality. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to get a great facial without breaking the bank. Here are seven tips for getting a cheap facial without looking like you didn’t:
- Find out what kind of deal is available in your area. Some salons offer free or discounted services on certain days and times, so it’s worth it to call around before committing yourself. It may also be possible to negotiate a price with a local salon that doesn’t normally offer discounts or specials; if nothing else, it’ll be good practice for when you’re shopping at cheaper places!
- Check out Groupon and other similar sites that post daily deals as well as coupons and other offers from businesses all over town (and sometimes even further away). These sites allow users like yourself who have leftovers from previous purchases but aren’t sure what they could do with them yet—such as myself—to get rid of those items while getting something new at the same time! It’s a truly win-win situation here.”
The fact is, there’s no need to feel self-conscious about your skincare routine. If you’re worried about how much money you’re spending on facials and other treatments, just remember that it’s all in how you approach things. If you’re willing to do some research and look for deals or coupons, then there’s no reason why anyone should be able to tell that your facial was cheap!
Learn more at Skin by Kindra and schedule an appointment with us, will be happy to serve you!